A collaboration between The University of Manchester, Edinburgh University, Essex University, Lancaster University and Leeds University with Fellowships based at Cardiff University, Queens University Belfast and The University of Salford
Details of presentations involving SPRG researchers are listed below.
Click an item to view details and downloads
- Southerton, D. (2014) 'SPRG - a social practice perspective'Presentation to the Scottish Government Climate Change Lunchtime Seminar 5 March 2014
- Guy, S. and Karvonen, A. (2013) ''District Heating and the Rescaling of Urban Energy Provision'Presentation to the Scottish Government Climate Change Lunchtime Seminar.
- Anderson, B. (2012). "Smart Demand: Lessons from Water"Invited Paper at Smart Demand (iHeat 2012). Murray Edwards College, Cambridge. 13th November 2012
- Karvonen, A. (2012) 'District Heat and Power Networks.'Changing the Climate: Innovation in the Built Environment for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 28-29 September 2012
- Brand, R. (2012) ' Domestic comfort practices and the influence of energy efficient technologies.'Changing the Climate: Innovation in the Built Environment for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 28-29 September 2012
- Guy, S. and Karvonen, A. (2012) ‘District Heating Comes to Ecotown: Zero Carbon Housing and the Rescaling of Energy Provision in the UK.’From networked to post-networked urbanism: new infrastructure configurations and urban transitions, International Roundtable Workshop, Laboratoire Techniques Territoires Societe (LATTS), Autun, France, 17-20 July 2012
- Anderson, B. (2012) "Practices by proxy: climate, consumption and water (and troubles with data).Can Climate Change Policies Be Fair? a workshop at the Royal Statistical Society, London, UK. July 5th 2012
- Anderson, B., Browne, A. and Medd, W. (2012). "Practices by proxy: climate, consumption and water."BSA Climate Change Study Group Event: "Methodological and conceptual approaches for researching climate change at different societal scales". Southampton, UK. 30-31 March 2012
- Anderson, B. and Browne, A.and Medd, W. (2012) "Practices by proxy: climate, consumption and water."Living Costs and Food Survey user meeting, Royal Statistical Society, London, 20th March 2012
- Geels, F. (2012) 'Grand societal challenges and the reorientation of incumbent industries: A dialectic issue life cycle model and examples'Presented at SPRG Political Economy Workshop, Colchester, hosted by University of Essex 26-27th Jan 2012.
- Glucksman, M and Wheeler, K. (2012) '‘'Consumption work’ and systems of provision: practices of recycling in England and Sweden"Presented at SPRG Political Economy Workshop, colchester, hosted by University of Essex 26-27th Jan 2012.
- Parry, S. and Murphy, J. (2011) ‘Understanding interactions between politics and research in relation to the environment.'
The Annual ISSTI Retreat (University of Edinburgh), June 13-14th 2011.
- Shove, E., Brown, S. and Walker, G. (2011) 'The Weather, Inside and Out: A discussion of diversity and convergence in city climates.'
Presented by Elizabeth Shove at 'The Distinctiveness of Cities: Modes of Re-production' Conference, Darmstadt, Germany. 15-17th June 2011.
- Shove, E., Brown, S. and Walker, G. (2011) 'The Material Culture of Room Temperature'Presented by Elizabeth Shove at the Material Entanglements Conference, Nottingham Trent University, 8th May 2011.
- Hodson, M. and Marvin, S. (2011) ‘Urban Infrastructure Transitions: Dominant Responses and Researching Them'. Presentation to the Dialogue on Sustainable Urban Transitions & Governance International Conference. Cape Town. South Africa. March 29-April 2.
- Hodson, M. and Marvin, S. (2011) ‘World Cities and Climate Change: Providing Urban Ecological Security’. Presentation to the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency. Rotterdam. April 18-20.
- Hodson, M. and Marvin, S. (2011) ‘Making Low Carbon Britain: Everyday or elite transition?'. International Workshop on Everyday Infrastructures. University of Durham. May 5.
- Browne, A, Medd, W & Anderson, B, (2011) 'Seven core issues for water demand management under CC and uncertainty: Reflection on practice and sociological approaches'.Presented at Annual International Conference of the RGS-IBG, RGS-IBG, London, 31 August 2011 to 2 September 2011
- Karvonen, A., Guy, S., Brand,R., Walker, G. (2011) ‘Pathways to Zero Carbon Housing in the UK: Science, Commerce, and Community’Energy and People: Futures, Complexity and Challenges Conference, University of Oxford, 20-21 September 2011
- Shove, E. (2011) 'Sustainable Practices'.Presented at 'Behaviour Change or Social Change?' conference, University of Newcastle. 23rd June 2011
- Walker, G. (2011) ‘Geographies of Energy Consumption.'Presented at Royal Geographical Society, London, seminar on 'Geographies of Energy Transition: Security, Climate, and Governance.' 17th June 2011
- Shove, E. (2011) 'Energy and Everyday Life'Presented at University of Leeds, seminar for the Institute of Transport Studies, 10th June 2011.
- Shove, E. (2011) 'Habits and their Creatures',Presented at Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies: 'Social Science and Sustainable Consumption'. 28th April, 2011
- Shove, E. (2011) 'Transitions in practice: implications for sustainable consumption'Public lecture at Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies: 'Social science and sustainable consumption.' 27th April 2011
- Shove, E. (2011) 'Policies to Promote Sustainable Consumption: Future Vision on Sustainable Consumption in the EU'Workshop held in Brussels funded by the European Commission. 13th April 2011.
- Shove, E. (2011) 'Climate change and transitions in practice - setting and challenging agendas'British Sociological Association Annual Conference, London School of Economics, 7-8th April 2011.
- Anderson, B. (2011) 'Practice Hunting'.Presented at ESRC Sustainable Practices Research Group Workshop 'Studying sustainable practices: methodological challenges and puzzles'. Tuesday 22nd March, 2011, Lancaster.
- Parry S, & Shove E (2010) 'Engagement, Interaction and Influence: Strategies and Challenges for the Sustainable Practices Research Group'.Presented as part of the ISSTI Seminar Series, University of Edinburgh 10th Dec 2010
- Newton, J & Franklin A (2010) 'Sustaining resilience: nurturing local food networks through community action'.Paper presented a the RGS-IBG Annual Conference, September 2010
- Aravena, C., Hutchinson, G and Longo, A. (2011) Consumers Willingness to Pay for Green Energy,paper presented to the ISW, University of Maryland and ETH Energy Economics Workshop, Belfast, January.
- Harvey, M., and Anderson, B., (2011) 'Sustainable Practices Research: Preliminary Thoughts'.Presented at the Centre for Research in Economic Sociology and Innovation Seminar, University of Essex 10th Feb. 2011
- Southerton, D. (2010), ‘Introduction: Consumption, Economic Growth and Prosperity’Presentation to the SCI Public Debate 'Economic growth, prosperity and sustainability: a contradiction?' London, November 2010
- Warde, A. (2010) 'The Challenge of Making Consumption Sustainable'Lecture delivered at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies, University of Helsinki, in October 2010.
- Warde, A. (2010) 'The elements of the practice of eating'.Presentation at European Sociological Association Resesarch Network on Consumption, Tartu, August 2010
- Southerton, D. (2010) 'Sustainable food consumption: the temporalities of eating practices, presentation at the Symposium on Climate Change and Transitions in Practice, Universtiy of Lancaster, July.
- Southerton, D. (2010) 'Habits and everyday life: a practice-based approach to food consumption', presentation to FoBonet: Socio-cultural Perspectives on Food, Body and Health Conference, Helsinki, August.
- Warde, A. (2010) Practices, habits and sustainable consumption.Paper presented to University of Helsinki, Dept. of Sociology in Sept. 2010
- Callejo, J, Blanco, A, Diaz-Mendez, C, Garcia-Espejo, I, Southerton, D and Warde, A (2010) 'A comparative analysis of food consumption in United Kingdom and Spain'Paper delivered to International Sociological Association, Goteborg
- Southerton, D. (2010) 'Reordering temporal rhythms: coordinating daily practices in the UK in 1937 and 2000'.Presented to UKTRC Summer School, Leeds University, September 2010.
- Southerton, D. (2010) 'Bad habits die hard or do they?', Public Lecture and Debate, The Times Cheltenham Science FestivalThis presentation was given at The Times Cheltenham Science Festival in June 2010
- Southerton, D. (2011) 'Eating practices: the challenges and ingredients for a sociology of sustainable food consumption'.Presented at the launch event of the British Sociological Association's Climate Change Study Group, the British Library, London. 17th January 2011
- Parry, S., & Murphy, J., (2010) 'Engagement Interaction and Influence: Practices Approach to Sustainable Behaviours'.Presented at 'What Works in Behaviour Change' event, Scottish Government, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh. 28th June 2010